TimeLines | Cut and Sew Fabric Panel
COLOR OPTION: Floral:Pink – OUT OF STOCK
COLOR OPTION: Floral:Green – OUT OF STOCK
COLOR OPTION: Triangles:Gold – OUT OF STOCK
TimeLines Cut and Sew Fabric Panel
• 18″ doll outfit based on a 1930s illustration.
• Bodice with faux front opening and scalloped yoke.
• Two-piece yoked skirt.
• Self fabric belt.
See Product Description below for more information.
TimeLines Cut and Sew panel. 18" doll outfit based on a 1930s illustration.
• Dress style is offered in two different prints. A geometric triangle and a floral.
• The triangle print was designed following the vintage illustration. It is available in two colorways. Cream and Gold.
• The floral print was designed from pieces found in a 1930s vintage quilt in Cindys personal collection. It is available in two colorways. Green and Pink. Both colorways were found in the vintage quilt.
• Other materials needed to make dress: Three tiny buttons, belt buckle, velcro and scrap of lightweight interfacing.
• INSTAGRAM USERS! Share a picture of the dress on your doll. Include her in a scene or setting if you want!
The Dollies' Dressmaker on INSTAGRAM
TimeLines Cut and Sew fabric panel detail. Digital representation.
Kit and Ruthie model the completed dress. Kit is wearing the Floral print in the Pink option. Ruthie models the Triangles print in Cream.
What you need to know about TimeLines Cut and Sew panels:
• 100% Cotton fabric panel.
• TimeLines Cut and Sew panels are period outfits for 18” dolls designed by Cindy Hernandez, The Dollies’ Dressmaker. Outfit designs are inspired by period illustrations, ads or photos. Each print the outfit is offered in was designed by Cindy - inspired by vintage fabrics, ads or illustrations. Some prints are inspired by vintage fabrics from her personal collection. If necessary, prints are scaled to be more compatible with 18” doll size clothing. Prints are then offered in different colorways.
• Each panel comes with a line drawing “fashion plate” illustration of the outfit printed on the panel.
• Printed paper instructions included. Instructions are geared toward those who already have a knowledge of how to sew. Sewing basics, seam finishes and techniques are not covered in the directions.
• TimeLines Cut and Sew panels may be constructed and sold for profit if desired. However, cutting the pattern from this panel (or any panel) in any other fabric is strictly prohibited, as agreed to in the Terms and Conditions when purchased.
GET CREATIVE with the TimeLines Cut and Sew panel fashion plate illustration! Shown below are two ideas with general instructions, but also let it spark your own creativity!
To make the fashion plate dolls shown above:
Right Doll: Color doll with colored pencils. Cut fashion plate out on black lines. The panel label was used for back of doll. They are the same size for this purpose. Layer the top, two layers of felt, and back. Baste together. Machine stitch close to the cutting line through all layers. Whipped blanket stitch with 3 strands of embroidery floss and pearl cotton were used for the outer edging. With thread, hand sew a running stitch through all layers around doll outline. Sew ribbon bow on doll head. See detail image below.
Left Doll: Color doll with colored pencils. Draw a cutting line around the printed doll in the desired shape. The panel label was used for back of doll. They are the same size for this purpose. Layer the top, two layers of felt, and back. Baste together. Machine stitch close to the cutting line through all layers leaving a section open at the bottom. Cut out doll on line. Blanket stitch with 3 strands of embroidery floss was used for the outer edging. Lightly stuff doll. Finish blanket stitch to close. Sew ribbon bow on doll head. See detail image below.